Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Patricia Thirdday and the Citrus Sorrow

Awhile back I wrote a little thing I call "Patricia Thirdday and the Citrus Sorrow." Didn't get a lot of feedback on it, but Anna loved it. Today she wrote me that she had shared the story with a friend, and that friend now claims citrus sorrow when having a bad day. Totally cool. If you haven't read it, you can find the PDF at http://www.joshgentry.com/scribbling/scribbles.htm.

Here's a teaser.

“What can I help you with, Mr. Royce?”
The trim man across from her stared directly into her eyes.
“Sometimes I turn into a citrus fruit.”
After a short pause, she nodded slowly. “You transform into a spherical, orange or yellow fruit full of pulp and juice.”
“Yes. Well, not literally.”
She looked at him and waited.

2 comments:

JimII said...

Josh,

I remembered the piece after I started reading it. I really liked it. It reminds me of stuff I read in Harper's Magazine where you just get a little segment of a story.

Of course, this is a full story. I just wanted to know more, which I suppose is pretty good.

{I also re-read Guadalupe Mountains again. Now I want to hear some Delusions of Gradeur and eat Danz cookies.}

Josh Gentry said...

I just wanted to know more, which I suppose is pretty good.

I think that's pretty good. There is another Patricia Thirdday story in the works.

I also re-read Guadalupe Mountains again. Now I want to hear some Delusions of Gradeur and eat Danz cookies.

I don't think I can find my DOG tape, anymore. I had forgotten Danz until a recent email on sally that mentioned a Danz like substitue. It pleases me that you can re-read Guadalupe Mountains.

Blog Archive