Friday, September 21, 2007

Fierce Friend (3 verses)

Fierce Friend

for Jae

Lift your hands to build a wall of thorn and bone
Rise up
Line your stomach with iron, sharpen your teeth on stone
Rise up
Bathe your tongue in acid, cover your eyes with chrome
Rise up
Set your hair on fire, make a whirlwind your throne

Rise up
Rise up

Drag me from the wreakage, blow your breath into my lungs
Rise up
Help me burn the bodies, help me hide the gun
Rise up
Steal us tickets on a fast ship, one that will really run
Rise up
Wrest the wheel from the pilot, set the controls for the sun

Rise up
Rise up

Rattle your sabre in my chapel, root through my flower bed
Rise up
Startle my heart into beating, turn my blood from blue to red
Rise up
Pry my fingers from the brake, blow the ballast, dump the lead,
Rise up
You and I are going somewhere, we've got to get there before we're dead

Rise up
Rise up

No comments:

Blog Archive