Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2012 Book 6 -- The Etched City, K. J. Bishop

No rating, didn't finish

I read about half of this book.  It is completely OK, which is the problem.  Too many other books I want to give a try to finish one that is just OK.  I enjoyed the first section, in the desert, but it is too meandering once they reach the city.  I like the two protagonists, though.

If it was a quick read I might stick with it, but it is not.  That's not a bad thing in itself.  _Among Others_ was slow, and it was fabulous.  This one starting to feel like a slog, though.  Moving on.  I've got Valente's, _Deathless_, waiting for me at the library.

I read at least half of it, so I'm counting it as a +1 towards my goal of reading more books by women than by men in 2012.

No comments:

Blog Archive