Sunday, September 26, 2004

Hair and Justifications

I got my hair cut today. I always go far too long between haircuts. My hair is a little curly, and I let it get pretty out of control before going and getting it cut short again. Now some of the reasons for this are not positive. We are talking general procrastination, avoiding what I find an unpleasent experience, not wanting to spend money on hair. But there is a deeper justification. If you wait long enough between cuts, when you do get it cut, it is dramatic. Its a transformation.

For instance, I came home and was sitting across the kitchen table from Jae.* She put her head to one side and stared at me in a quizzical way. I asked her what was up. She replied, "Just trying to get used to the new Josh." See. I think that's fun.

*That kitchen table being the one that Jae built.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Josh - I thought you deserved a comment!

I owe your brother a haircut. His hair is about half and inch long! WAY to long for him.

I recently had my hair returned to a dark brown after having it highlighted. It did take Luke awhile to adjust.

Josh Gentry said...

Hey, my first comment :-) And I didn't even realize I wasnt' allowing anonymous comments, so thanks for going to the work.

I think dark brown would suit you.

Blog Archive