Monday, February 12, 2007

Brain Cache

I keep looking for interesting things to blog that don't require me to do any new thinking or work. I have another try. I don't know about you, but I carry a bag. I guess its my purse equivalent. Somewhere between there and a binky and an external cache for my brain. I am going to list the contents of my bag as it is today, no editing. *

It's a messenger style , black nylon bag. It has one large, zippered pocket in the flap. It contains:

  • 1 bottle Ibuprofen
  • About a dozen cards I apparently think I'll send to people someday if I just carry them long enough. Mostly from despair.com.
  • Checkbook
  • 1 J. K. Drummond Watercolors business card
When you flip back the flap, the exposed front of the bag contains a mesh zippered pouch, a solid weave Velcro closed pouch, and 3 cylinder pouches for writing utensils. These contain:
  • 1 yellow highlighter
  • 2 mechanical pencils
  • One ball point pen
  • 1 Leatherman (original)
The main compartment contains:
  • 1 TI scientific calculator
  • One collection Edward Abbey essays
  • Elementary Algebra for TVI Math 100A
  • One Mead Five Star one subject notebook, plastic cover
  • "What is Web 2.0?" essay by Tim O'Reilly
  • Printout wikipedia article, "First-order logic
  • Printout wikipedia article, "Algorithm"
  • Printout artcile, "India gets biofuel mobile power"
  • Supplement to magazine Sys Admin, Training and Certification
  • One legal notepad, notes from work
  • Printout article from The Economist, "Rich Man, Poor Man"
  • Printout article from The Economist, "In the Money"
  • OK, turns out there are more printed out articles in here than I can possibly list
  • Copy of Penny Saver classified adds
  • Letter from City saying we must remove pile of dead branches from back yard
  • About 10 DVD's a friend at work burnt for me of TV shows I"ll never watch
  • A copy of Money magazine
You will notice the self-improvement, professional, "serious" theme. It's a ruse to make me feel cool. These little games we play with ourselves.

*If you believe that "no editing" part, I have same river front property in New Orleans for sale.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I enjoyed this post. :)

Josh Gentry said...

I'm glad :-)

Anonymous said...

are you planning on selling that algebra book when the semester is over?
-natalierose917@yahoo.com

Josh Gentry said...

Nope, natalierose917, I'm keeping it.

Blog Archive