Saturday, December 17, 2005

Words

Just some words I heard recently that I liked.

From that masterpiec, "99 Red Balloons",
open up one eager eye

I heard this one in a Steve Owen song, though I know that its one of those phrases that has come down to us in the form of cultural heritage:

Tommorrow is a day that's promised to no man


The first Steve Owen song I heard has as part of its chorus:

The world is a tuxedo and I'm a pair of brown shoes


My fashion IQ is low, and I only recently learned that you don't wear brown shoes with black pants. I heard this at just the right time in my life for it to strike me :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've started listening to bootliquor again pretty heavily because of your entry a few days back. I'm going to donate to them in the spirit of Christmas. God knows I've got a lot of listening out of them and he supports the station on donations.

Blog Archive