Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Scattering of Clowns

My wife and I have carried the bedtime story into adulthood. When we go to bed, we read out loud before turning off the light. It is interesting how often there is a slip of the tongue, an error somewhere in the processing between eye, brain and mouth. One of my earlier posts in this blog was one of those. Here's another.

Last night I'm reading out loud and what I read was:

...a bitter winter wind from the northeast blew in a scattering of clowns...


Obviously it was written as "clouds," not "clowns."

3 comments:

Matt Dick said...

More poetic your way.

msd
ps -- Can you turn off this word verification thing, I really hate posting comments in this manner. How about you turn it off until you get your first AI spam, and then turn it back on?

Unknown said...

I like your reading too.

I get no comment spam yet on my blog.

Josh Gentry said...

I'm afraid I've already gotten comment spam.There is probably some in the archives I never cleaned out.

Blog Archive