Friday, February 01, 2008

First picture printed


scout, originally uploaded by Josh Gentry.

First picture I've had printed from my first roll of film taken with an all manual cameral. That also makes it he first roll taken with my Yashica. I'm happy with this one. The values in the picture are nice, with those rich tones that you get on film. It scanned pretty good, but wow you should see the photographic print. Great light coming through that window. When I was setting up for the shot I was intending to photograph the flowers. As I was getting ready to shoot, Scout jumped up in the window. I thought., what the heck, and was lucky to catch her in a good position.

This is our adopted stray, by the way. She jumps in the window when she wants us to let her in.

5 comments:

JimII said...

Nice. You'll have to show it to us in person at St. Baldrick's on the 16th.

Christian said...

I really like the lighting in this picture, as well as the grain of the film.

Matt Dick said...

One of the reasons I got the camera I got was because it was said to have a pleasing grain in B&W. It does, so I'm pleased.

This is a very nice photo. I love the look. May I grab it and play with it?

Josh Gentry said...

ou'll have to show it to us in person at St. Baldrick's on the 16th.

:-)

I notice you said, "us." Whose all coming?

really like the lighting in this picture, as well as the grain of the film.

Thanks, Chris. I believe I remember you and Matt enthusiastically discussing your cameras at one point, didn't I?

This is a very nice photo. I love the look. May I grab it and play with it?

Thank you. Yes, you may.

JimII said...

It is Spring Break for Pat & the kids. So all of us should be there. I'm going to Chitown alone. So, it's March 14 watching & drinking, March 15 being shaved & drinking, March 16 watching, and perhaps less drinking.

Blog Archive